• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood sizes what will fit?

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i own a 1985 xj with 2.8 and it needs a hood and what hoods fit and i can get a 1992 with 4.0's hood for a decent price will it fit?

The new hood will bolt on, but yours has the latch in the center and the newer ones have the latches on the outer corners. You'll have to do some minor adaptation, but they are all the same size and shape.

84 and 85 will fit.

Mothertrucker said:
ok what will fit without modifications and i heard that xj have differt size hood for differt engines is this true?
Sorta, 84 85 is shorter in 86 they added the 6 and made it longer.
So you need a 84-85 hood.

Mothertrucker said:
ok what will fit without modifications and i heard that xj have differt size hood for differt engines is this true?
84, 85 and 86 will fit without modification.

Not true. They are all the same size and shape. The only difference is whewre the latches are mounted.

langer1 said:
Sorta, 84 85 is shorter in 86 they added the 6 and made it longer.
So you need a 84-85 hood.
The radiator supports under the hood changed in 87 to accomodate the 4.0L engine. The length of the hood and fenders did not change. 84 thru 86 will fit with no mods. 87 thru 2001 will fit by adapting the latches.

Back