• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help

PEAFMAN

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry i know this is not the right page but i'm finally ready to put a lift onto my xj but want to find a better vendor than quadratech. I'm looking at the RE 3.5" super ride suspension selling for $350 in the catalogue. i've searched e-bay, searched naxja sale items and i've looked through the naxja vendors. Does anybody know where I can find that kit a little cheaper?

First off why did you make two seperate threads? Second, $350 is a good deal on RE. Though I would not go with an AAL kit, I would go with a full leaf pack. Build it right once. If you are so worried about the right stuff than get a BB consisting of shackles and spacers this way you can always upgrade and use those parts later on. FYI- if you think a 3.5" kit for $350 is going to get it all done you are going to be disappointed. You will find you are going to have to address other issues in your steering, brakes, drivline, etc. Get a BB and save for a good quality kit and for gods sake do some research.

Check with he NAXJA sponsors. They help keep this site available for us anyway.

I used one of them for my RE kit and he gave me a great price.

I second the no AAL. I have them and like thme, but have my full leaf pack sitting in my garage. The AAL is a cheap alternative, but I recommend the full pack from the begining.
Good Luck!

The AAL spring is not economically sound. When it sags, and it will, you will be forced to replace the whole pack; re-arch your springs; or get replacement OEM springs to add the AAL to. Spend the right amount of money and do it right so you dont have to keep paying and dealing with the hastle of getting it where you want it. The best prices you will find will vary. I personally went with the rustys 3" full springs kit. I did my reasearch, called him up and had a conversation on what i will be looking for out of my lift and after he reccomended me the 3" full springs i did MORE research. saved up MORE money and did the lift correctly. You will need new LCAs, and an adjustable trac bar as well. Rustys 3" kit does not come with those, the RE 3.5" kit does come with those. Rustys kit actually sits a little higher (mine sits 5 rear and 3.5 front) than a friend i know with the RE 3.5 kit (settled to about 3.25 all around). Both makes are excelent. Do your research and know what your looking for. If i had to do it again i would go with the 4.5" kit. Also expect the front to sit lower as new leafs sit high for a while. You may need to invest in a small spacer for the front (only about 30 bucks).

Back