• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday funny

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
Friday funny: :laugh3:

Backgound: Got this from a friend, who is a subcontractor for the person who wrote the story. The incident happened this last summer:

===
===
HOSPITAL STORY

When I was in the hospital July 3rd for my broken leg I had quite an experience that I think I can share with everyone now! As you might know, I was flown into Penrose Main Hospital in Colorado Springs by Flight for Life from the mountains. They took me to the Trauma Ward. The orthopedic doctor came to see me in the trauma ward. He told me that I had a severe open compound fracture and that it was going to require emergency surgery. He had an operating room scheduled for me.

They wheeled me up to the OR. The doctor told me that I was going to be out for a few hours, but that he would come back to see me in the recovery room after the surgery to let me know how it went. The anesthesiologist told me to count to three…I only remember saying one. After the surgery, I found myself very groggy in the recovery room. My doctor came to see me. He told me everything went well, except that he had ordered a test and was awaiting the results. He said that he wanted the results back before sending me to my room. He also told me that in a short while a nurse would come to clean me up a little bit. By that time he thought he would have the results back and could then send me to my room.

I dozed off and awoke to find a young student nurse giving me a partial sponge bath to my injured leg. I had an oxygen mask over my mouth and nose. I was still heavily sedated from the surgical procedure.

“Nurse”, I mumbled from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?" Embarrassed, the young nurse replied, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your broken leg and foot." Disturbed from the reply, I struggle to ask again, "Nurse, are my testicles black?" Concerned that I may elevate my vitals from worry about my testicles, the nurse overcame her embarrassment and sheepishly pulled back my covers. She raised my hospital gown, held my penis in one hand and my testicles in the other. Then, she took a closer look and said, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir!”

By then I managed to pull off the oxygen mask. I smiled at her and said very slowly, "Thank you very much. That was wonderful, but listen very, very closely... Are - My - Test - Results - Back?!!

Well needless to say, my test results were favorable and they sent me to my room... with a smile. The nurse, while thoroughly embarrassed, had the education of her life. I am certain that she will carefully listen and question a patient in the recovery room several times before acting!!

Have a great weekend!

Back