• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

briarwood edition?

BAMCHEROKEE88

NAXJA Member #976
Can anyone tell me what the briarwood edition cherokee was? did it replace the waggy?

Sean

BAMCHEROKEE88 said:
Can anyone tell me what the briarwood edition cherokee was? did it replace the waggy?

Sean

Cherokee version of the Wagoneer. Same thing, but IIRC there were minor cosmetic differences.

'91 model year only, I think. It had a Cherokee grill and tail lights, but carried over the wood paneling from the Waggy. Looks particularly good in green, in my opinion.

1991 and 1992 model years, trim packages were Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport. It replaced the Wagoneer in the lineup.

Thanks guys. Did it have the np231 or the 242 like the waggy? Did they change it mid year? Cause ive seen some 91 waggy's.

Sean

it says that briarwood came after base but in reality they were exactly like the wagoneer, only with out the quad headlights (who was going to miss those?) so that means leather, and I'm pretty sure NP242, air, heated seats, the whole nine yards.

A little off topic here but not all Wagoneers came with the quad headlights and wood paneling.
Also, I don't believe heated seats were an option on the XJ prior to 1999. :confused:

Back