• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump...Stop (running that is)

mrbill3

NAXJA Forum User
I have a good one. (searched, but no matches) Tonight I was pulling into a gas station to donate my paycheck and it has a fairly steep uphill driveway with a bump as you hit the uphill part. When I hit the bump my rig stalled out. It restarted right away and then ran fine. The only other problem it has is that it is hard to start after it has been running for a while and then sits for a few minutes. Like going to Home Depot and making a purchase and then coming back out to leave. It will crank over like usual, but at the point where it would normally start, it sounds like it wants to start, but then goes back to cranking again. If I leave it sit forabout 10 to 15 seconds it will start and be fine. I dont know if the two problems are related but......

mrbill3 said:
Like going to Home Depot and making a purchase and then coming back out to leave.

Might try Lowes next time. Maybe your XJ dosen't like Home Depot.:laugh3:

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Take a good look at your CPS wiring. A lot of times the wire will touch the exhaust manifold and cut out when you hit a bump. A crappy CPS will also give you a rough running engine.

Back