• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax Noslip?

Did you put the thrust washers on the ends of the no-slip? If not, it will act as a spool and wont unlock....ask me how i know!! :wierd:

Other than that, check the springs/pins for wear.

No-slips come with a "go/no-go" gauge to check for the proper clearance.

Agian not sure if you actually know the way a No-Slip works, but it is always locked, and the different tire speeds going around corners is what unlocks it. and if there is any torque coming from the driveshaft it will be locked.

But definately check the gaps and clearances first.

allthingsoffroad said:
that was driver side axle shaft... dang ADD... but i think i have solved the problem i hope PB blaster is not bad for it but i squrited some in there and LOTSs of little dirt chunks came out
If you have had it awhile, what do you think of it? I am considering putting one in the rear when I do my gear swap. Starting to search for what most overyone out there likes in the rear and fronts (as far as lockers). Was thinking of an ARB, but I drive my Dodge CTD on long or highway trips, and the XJ will be for around town and when the real crap starts accumulating this winter (slow speads- under 55mph).

i have one in the rear and have no problem its my daylie driver but im love having a front locker offroad but somtimes when i go in to a turn on the raod it will stick and wont let you turn for a split sec... but other then that i love it i have had no problew what so ever with

I ran a no-slip for over 4 years in the rear of my 27 spline 8.25 on 31"s. Loved it. but it can have its drawbacks. #1 is the springs that float the crosspin. I feel that they need to be replaced at least once a year. If you screw up installing it then be prepared to pay for replacment parts. If you have a bent housing then sooner or later the locker will fail on you, but that goes for any traction device. in some instances they can be more $$$ than a detroit locker. like when your doing the gears and you need a new carrier. A detroit would be cheaper than a no-slip and a case. Same goes for the 8.25. if your converting from 27 spline to 29 then its pretty close in price. about $45 difference.
I still have one in the front of my XJ and i had it on 33"s for 2 years. Now I am on 35"s and I'm going to JV so we will see how it does. I now have a Detrroit in my rear D44.

Jeffro600 said:
Did you put the thrust washers on the ends of the no-slip? If not, it will act as a spool and wont unlock....ask me how i know!!

The thrust washers are not used with the No-Slip. At least, I didn't put them on my front and rear No-slips. :laugh3:

Back