• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on a different MJ lift.

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
I was curious about your thoughts on this:

I am going to be lifting the MJ soon and want to keep the rear spring under. (no razing about this please). Does a 3"aal and 2" shackle with a 4.5" front XJ lift sound good to run 32s-33s. Or my other thought is to run a 3" aal and 3" front lift with trimming and or bushwackers to fit 32s-33s.

These are facts: Vehicle will never run tires larger than 33s.
I will not change my mind and do a SOA.

Question: I have only seen a 3" aal for the MJ, does anyone know if a 4" or 4.5" one is made?

Opinions and thoughts please.

Use AAL components from an XJ really wouldn't help you, and it's because MJ leafs are already arched more than XJ's. Doing a spring over would get you around 4-6" of lift, so adding a 3" AAL for an xj wouldn't do much good.

aals will stiffen your ride up a lot, if you dont know already, and especily becasue the rear end is so light. the bigger aal you go, the even stiffer the springs will get. unless you dont care about your rear end being stiff as hell, or you dont want to buy full leaf packs, soa will get you 4.5 inches on stock leafs and shackle. all you have to do is weld a new spring perch ontop of the axle. you can run 32s on an all around 4.5 lift, and 33s with trimming. even if you dont want to hear it, soa is the most practical way for you to go. speaking of practical, bushwackers are fucking rediculosly expensive, and not even worth it. get some tj or yj flares. your best bet is to just get rustys 4.5 mj kit. it comes with everything you will need

Why don't you want to go spring over?

Here is a MJ with the Rubicon Kit and 33s

111513703SVddKq_ph.jpg

91 Jeep Project said:
Why don't you want to go spring over?

Probably becasue of spring wrap when used as a pick-up (i.e. towing/hauling and/or loaded).

That would be my concern.

omg thats beautiful. lol. i want mine to look like that. but i need to do a paintjob. im going 4.5 soa with mine as well

if your worried about wrap, then lengthen the spring perches so theres more of a contact pad on the leafs, but not to much to interfear with its flexing

well if your that freakish about wrap then just fab up some quick ladder bars. minus wrap, soa has many advantages over sua. plus its LOADS cheaper. although, i have seen lifted sua mjs. the spring packs are out there somewhere.

stupidfast said:
omg thats beautiful. lol. i want mine to look like that. but i need to do a paintjob. im going 4.5 soa with mine as well

There are a few more clean looking ones in my album. The two tone one with the snorkel is south of the border. Came with the metric ton package, which means a Hp 44 and a rear SF 60.

http://community.webshots.com/album/111385745uXCtyr

dude you suck. lol. the comanche im gonna buy is two tone.. but.. lol i doubt its got any special package. i cant tell what axles it has. i know it most likely has the d30/35, but the only axles i can identify are the toy 8 inch and a rockwell. lol.

The latest issue of JP and the one before it, has part 1 & 2 on lifting an MJ...they did about 5" of lift with 33's but kept it SUA by having some custom leafs made by Alcan (I think)...it looks real nice, the springs look really sturdy, it's like a 6 leaf pack, more than stock anyways don't have the mag in front of me...but it looses a lot of ground clearance, it would suck as a rockcrawler, I think they inten it to be a pre-runner, theirs is 2wd too. And they used the sexy T&T longarms up front mmmmm-hmmmmm.

TekkaMaki said:
The latest issue of JP and the one before it, has part 1 & 2 on lifting an MJ...they did about 5" of lift with 33's but kept it SUA by having some custom leafs made by Alcan (I think)...it looks real nice, the springs look really sturdy, it's like a 6 leaf pack, more than stock anyways don't have the mag in front of me...but it looses a lot of ground clearance, it would suck as a rockcrawler, I think they inten it to be a pre-runner, theirs is 2wd too. And they used the sexy T&T longarms up front mmmmm-hmmmmm.

How is your MJ lookin' these days?

91 Jeep Project said:
How is your MJ lookin' these days?

Pretty much unchanged from the beginning of the season, a few dents & dings aside...it worked so damn well from the first time out that there really was no desire or need to change anything. :sunshine:

http://community.webshots.com/album/443149060hnksRg

I'd have more recent pic's if it hadn't downpoured every time out since Labor Day.

Back