• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look at what ya'll have done!!

XJnDixie

NAXJA Forum User
Seriously.... A big thanks to everyone out on the NAXJA forums.... Why?? Well - I bought my first XJ ('90 Limited) about 3 weeks ago. It was in decent shape and the price fit my budget. I've always had 4WD and recently sold my TJ and my woods truck ('84 Yoda)....anyway - I needed something to hunt out of, and get out in the mud - thus the XJ...

It had some problems - first off the air filter was so full of oil that it had sagged in the airbox....the airbox had a half inch of oil in the bottom of it. Several vacuum lines were missing or soft as Jello from the oil in the lines.... So I was quite sure that the old girl needed some TLC.

Did my research - based on this board and all the comments from all of you and cleaned the valve cover, splash guards, purchased a new PCV line - rerouted all of my vacuum lines (chunked the tree)....cleaned the TB - changed the oil - found out what kind of lubes the front and rear diff's needed and changed those - changed the trans fluid and TC.....greased everything.... Now she runs like a sewing machine....and I owe it all to you guys and this site....

Now all I need is for Santa to bring those new 31's and install the lift kit sitting in my garage - and hope that the wife got the hint about the roof rack......and I'm good to go.....

Once again....thanks guys (and gal's) - keep up the good work, and I'll definately help out where I can....

Thanks for the vote of confidence. There are a lot of good people around that like to help. You should check out the chapter forum to see if anybody in your area might want to help on installing the lift.

By the way, have the wife put a NAXJA membership in your stocking :laugh3:

Back