• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Really bad spring bow

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I come to you- the NAXJA experts in need of help. My pass. side spring is bowing a LOT now that I lifted it more, so I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this and figured out how to resolve it. It really is only the pass. side. What the heck? You can visibly tell a difference in the ride height on the side where it is bowed. Its even hitting my sway bars its bowed out so far??? How can I resolve this?
Heres a pic:
b987b875.jpg

What on earth should I do about this? Its driving me nuts cuz it really rides slanted!

They are fixed RE lower arms. No way to change the length. So, should I be investing in some RE adjustables? Is that what yorue telling me? Just the lowers? I highly doubt I have dented my upper mount, I havent done much hard wheeling lately. So, I dont know how to check my caster, any help there? I know my steering needs to be aligned badly. But that wouldnt change anythign as far as this is related would it?
THanks again for your help. It really is appreciated.
josh

Are the bottom ends of both coils oriented correctly so the end of the coil drops into the pocket on the mounting pad?

Mine was a caster problem, I put a little more length in the lower arms and all is fine now. Mine was on passenger side as well, maybe something about the mounts on that side make it worse, and it was hitting the sway bar pretty bad.

marcus

XJCHUCK72 said:
Was your XJ wrecked at all, maybe you have a bent frame. What year is your XJ? If it's the earlier versions you can adjust the LCA's with the shims at the frame mount, if it's the newer, you may have the lower cam bolts misadjusted.

XJ's never used the eccentric cam adjustment.I have heard from several people over the last couple years about the passenger side being "different" than the drivers side.You didnt say anything about your lift/tire size so Ill just guess you need some adjustable uppers!

They still used the shims behind the LCA.They are the LP axles with the TJ gear set, but they still made them with the standard XJ brackets.

Sorry I am running the 5.5 RE XD, with 2" pucks on top. I just put it in and have not had it aligned. I did realize today that when I put in the RE drop brackets that I forgot to put the "Shims" back in the frame side of the LCA mounts. So, I am hoping by putting those back in, getting it aligned and messing with those shims I should be OK. Thanks for your help though! If that doesnt work I will come back and ask for more help!
josh

Back