• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3in lift question... new to this forum

Jeep88lar

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought an 88 jeep cherokee larado. The lift kit that is on it the 3 in rough country lift. The way they did the rear was with the aal and 1 inch block and the leafs are sagging now. Would the easiet way to fix the rear would be to get the 3 Rear Replacement Springsfrom rusty's. Or should i get a pairs of stock springs and do an aal and inch blocks like that is on it.

dennis

I don't know the answer but I know there is a lot of info on this forum. Try a search of the forum, you'll probably find what you need. :wave:

i was just wondering what other people thought, but i wa sleaning that way. im proabblay better off getting the new 3in replacement springs.

I would go with a 4.5 lift spring to give you the abbility to load it and not bottom out plus if you like it you can just add a a spacer to the front ti bring it up.

I just finished a 3" lift. We added 2 new, stock spring rate leafs to existing spring pack. Using gas shocks to support springs we got 3.5" originally, now settled to 3". The whole kit was originally a 'home brew budget boost' written up by Rock Lizard Fabrication. Now it's a kit with all new parts. They might sell you just the back (?) I know they're having a sale thru the end of year. Email or PM me.

I finally put a 3" lift in my 99. It was an add a leaf but it worked well. The only thing I would have done different is gone with replacement leafs instead of an add-a-leaf. It looks good though and I can go places I couldn’t go before. When and if you do it again make sure you check the angle of the drive shaft. Mine was crazy off. It took 4 degree shims to get back to a good angle. Also replace as many bolts as you can before you tear it apart. It took me like three days after mine was apart to get all the "loose ends" together.

Back