• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rigidco winch bumper and warn m8000

Terry's bumpers aren't mass produced. They're well worth the wait. Mine took about a month and a half.

A good friend of mine is using the exact setup that you're looking for... great overall setup.

Just call Terry and ask him. He's a real nice guy and won't bite your head off. He was behind on his orders because of an accident, but he's back at it now. (801)450-0928

I was looking at getting a more expensive Warn Winch with a better weight rating. My rig is mainly on-road. When off, I run with XJ's, mainly.

Would you guys recommend the M8000, or saving up for a 9000 or 9500?

Never herd a complaint about Rigidco. The only other bumper builder I am looking at is AJ.

Jason

Yeah I just bolted up a 9.5XP on a loose-nuts bumper and while it took a little messin' with the "box", I got everything to fit. Very nice set-up and a sweet winch, that 6HP motor kicks-a$$.

Winches are like anything, buy the best you can afford and run it. I got a great deal from www.performanceoffroadcenter.com , free shipping!.

Installed a Rigidco front bumper w/Ramsey 8000 (cost less than Warn, order out of Tulsa for $400 including shipping). I suggest: ordering the bumper unfinished, and then coat/paint all brackets/supports with Por15 and then top coat with Rustolum. Do the same with bumper or have it powder coated. You will need to also paint body if you drill or enlarge holes.
Order the bumper with frenched-in light holes - functional and cool.
Installed mine myself - took a couple of days with paint, lights, winch and fitting.
I like the Rigidco and recommend it highly. Winch choice depends on your use and demands. Mine is a DD w/4" lift.

I've got that combo (click4pic)
Very nice bumper and quality winch. I bought the M8000 for the price but also with the intention of moving the solenoid pack under the hood and running a remote switch (like the one at 12voltguy.com) in the cab - one of this winter's projects.

:sunshine:

steveareno said:
Installed a Rigidco front bumper w/Ramsey 8000 (cost less than Warn, order out of Tulsa for $400 including shipping). I suggest: ordering the bumper unfinished, and then coat/paint all brackets/supports with Por15 and then top coat with Rustolum. Do the same with bumper or have it powder coated. You will need to also paint body if you drill or enlarge holes.
Order the bumper with frenched-in light holes - functional and cool.
Installed mine myself - took a couple of days with paint, lights, winch and fitting.
I like the Rigidco and recommend it highly. Winch choice depends on your use and demands. Mine is a DD w/4" lift.
can you post a link to that website

i likey likey. hmmm. if only my pocket book was able to get it now! 'tis the story of the Heep.

Here is my bumper from AJ. It is a winch bumper w/steering box brace built-in. AJ will build it custom to suit your needs, e-mail you pics during build process, great guy to deal with, so... my vote goes to AJ.

cid_002501c5d8e6299b04b079834245sin.jpg

any good bumper will come with the outside frame rail support.if it doesn't then i wouldn't be winching off it.i have a Rigidco and love it.well worth the wait.

you should still get a plate for the inside rail or the one on the outside is pointless.if you have just the outside one it prevents you from pulling the box off the frame but does nothing to prevent you from crushing the frame rail from the inside.

hotrod22 said:
Here is my bumper from AJ. It is a winch bumper w/steering box brace built-in. AJ will build it custom to suit your needs, e-mail you pics during build process, great guy to deal with, so... my vote goes to AJ.

cid_002501c5d8e6299b04b079834245sin.jpg

I want more pics of this, installed.

Back