• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

circuit breaker

ZPD

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have been trouble shooting my wipers (which aren't working) and narrowed it down to my circuit breaker which is 4.8 amps. Pepboys, Kraegens, and Autozone do not carry a 4.8 circuit breaker (or even one that looks like it) Does anyone know where I can get one?
Also can someone do me a favor and get me the partnumber off of the circuit breaker? Somewhere in my travels around town looking for one I lost my bad breaker. It is the silver metal box about .75"x.25"x.5" at the bottom of the fuse panel near the brake pedal. It says 4.8 plus a bunch of other numbers. What I need is those other numbers.

Thanks!

Zion

Please post if you find a source for the breaker. I've searched off and on for years and never found one. I figure that if I could find one that's close it should be easy enough to rig an adapter or preferably, just rewire the whole thing to bypass the fuse panel. I will have to admit I haven't checked with a dealer but have looked at other Mopar sources.

Anyway for what it's worth, the nearly rusted away but still functioning 20 year old breaker for my '85 is 5.5 amps and the no. is 8956001 110.

one viable option is to go to your local autozone and get one of the ATO inline fuses( with the 12 ga. wire) solder two spade terminals on to the end and insert where the breaker was. costs $3.99 plus tax and i'm sure you have a spare fuse running around.

FWIW I had the same problem and called everyone, noone even had a listing for it. called jeep and got told $9.00 and 4 days out for shipping. fixed the prob for half the price and no delay. hope that helps.

ZPD said:
I wonder why Jeep used a ? Why not a fuse?
Because circuit breakers work better with protecting a motor, fuses blow to easly, it you use a fuse big enough so it don't blow if don't protect the motor.

Back