• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finally got the 350 in

Awsome!!... That should turn out interesting to say the least...im planning a similar project myself

sweet!....nice clean work.

well the headers dont fit as of now. I think when i bolt the tranny up i will be able to get them to fit. if not then itll be huggers.

The motor mounts are from advance adapters. super easy just bolt on. down the road I will tack them on also. they bolt up to where the stock mounts are.

Looking good! Do keep us posted on your progress.

What radiator are you planning to use? I'm interested to know your plans on engine cooling. I've had some (less than positive) experience with keeping V8 transplants cool in Jeep a application.

i dont know about the radiator yet. looking at a summit 3 core direct replacement right now. and i will be running an 18" fan. Once i get all the belts and so on put on then i will have a better idea of how much room i will have. chevys are a lot easier to keep cool though and my front clip will be pretty open. shouldnt be too hard?????????? Like I said it will be thanksgiving before i get back home. But i may go to some jys up here in college station and pull what i need so I can have it ready when i go home. I also did my hub bearings today and will work on the hack and tap this wknd

I'm just going to use the stock rad

it's new

and is no smaller than the stock 350 one

I'm going to use red line water wetter it works really well

nothing yet until i go home for thanksgiving. but i am thinking about ditching the 231 and getting a 205?????????? dont know how the 231 will get along with the 350.

well got the tranny under it. fits like it was meant to be there!!!! 14 bolt is ready to bolt up. i didnt get as much done as I wanted to cause i ran out of more parts that could have been put on and put aside for now the stuff that i have!!!

looking more like im gonna need center dump headers but im gonna wait on that until i am done moving the block and tranny around while bolting up tcases and shifters.

pics are on page 5-6 http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album98?page=5

well no big progress. made enough money over cmas break for bills and that was it! just did some small stuff. got spring bushings on the 56s done. cut off lower control arm mounts. 14 bolt is all pretty and painted. got a 203 and 205 just need to get the adapter. should have the 44 in hand in a couple of weeks.

and to the point now- i want to beef up the spring hangers. im using 56" chevy springs and a 3" drop shackle. just mocking up the springs in the stock position gives me a horrific shackle angle and the shackles stick out the back about 8". at first i was going to leave the short side forward and just bolt them up. but now that i think about i want to switch. if i put the long side forward and move the front mount up ~4" it should keep the axle in relatively the same spot. so heres what i have for the rear hangers-cut them off-weld on a new brace about .25" metal-the hangers need to be about 5mm wider-literally for my shackles. and essentially the same for the front. http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album98/Picture_014a

another question=should i just make a big u with plate and go around the unibody and put the bolt all the way through the frame?

does that make any sense? suggestions!

Back