• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

emissions maitenence timer ?

Ask Eagle - he always seems to remember where that damn thing is...

Apparently, the timer cannot be reset, it must be replaced. However, finding the timer and removing it will turn off the light - or you can just pull the light bulb itself and deal with the timer later. The emissions timer isn't the computer actually "throwing a code," it's just an automatic frammis that's designed to get you into the dealership.

I've suffered no ill effects from getting rid of the wee nuisance.

5-90

The timer is by your right knee on the drivers side. I unplugged mine because it was making a grinding noise.

5-90 said:
Ask Eagle - he always seems to remember where that damn thing is...

Apparently, the timer cannot be reset, it must be replaced. However, finding the timer and removing it will turn off the light - or you can just pull the light bulb itself and deal with the timer later. The emissions timer isn't the computer actually "throwing a code," it's just an automatic frammis that's designed to get you into the dealership.

I've suffered no ill effects from getting rid of the wee nuisance.

5-90
cmotsvt is correct -- it's up over your right knee, secured with velcro. 5-90, however, is not entirely correct. The factory says it cannot be reset and the official procedure is to replace it, at an obscene price if they are even still available. However, there are articles floating around the Internet describing how to reset it. It involves a straightened paper clip, IIRC.

Simplest solution is to unplug it. Just remember to replace the oxygen sensor every 75,000 miles.

Back