• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest tire w/3" lift (trimming allowed)

kst8engineer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I was unable to locate anything useful with the search. I'm currently running 31-10.5's on a 3" lift in a 4-door XJ. My front fenders have been trimmed substantially and I'm in the process of trimming the quarter panels now. I know another guy that's running 32's on a 2" BB with roughly the same trimming I've done, and that got me to wondering if someone has run 33's on a 3" lift (preferrably on a 4-door). I'm sure it's been done, I'm just looking for feedback from someone that's done it. Is it possible to trim enough to fit'em on a 4-door?

Thanks

All depends in how u use your rig.... If u play stick to what u got. THis will allow for flexing. Now if your all show and no go it can be done. Also if your using stock wheels this will work. If you have off set wheels don't try it unless you enjoy body damage.

I wheel it pretty aggresively, so I don't want to lose a substantial amount of flexibility, although I could possibly regain that lost compression flex on the extension side (Revolver shackles or something similar).

There was a guy running 38.5" Super Swamper SX's with only 3" of lift. Two door model. He moved a bunch of stuff up front inward for clearance and re did his rear wheel wells though.

I'm pretty positive that if you took 4.5" out of my lift(bringing it to 3") I could fit a 33" tire in there. I run a 4dr and my wells are trimmed to the max. Actually I just cut off the lower corner panels this weekend and rewelded the body to the wells as they started to come undone. You can't cut any further than mine are without major reworkings.

-Kevin

Last edited:
i have a friend, note, not a very smart one, that has 33" tires with NO lift... yes it looks retarded, but, they fit with only trimming to the point above the fold for the flares in the front, and hes an idiot and just bent the lip in the back fender upwards.. some indiana folks i just dont understand

i have 4.5 with 33's and i trimmed mine but im pretty sure if u bumpstop and trim yours you could fit 33's on a 3 incher....i might upgrade to 35's because i have too much room for my 33's on a 4.5" inch lift..yes it's a 4 door so yeah...

i've seen 35's on a budget lift. boggers. lots of bumpstop and trimming.

I run 34" LTBs on a 2" BB. No bumpstops, no swaybars. Front fenders are trimmed to the body line all the way down, no contact there with the tires on full flex. The rears are cut and folded. And it is a 4dr.

woody431 said:
I run 34" LTBs on a 2" BB. No bumpstops, no swaybars. Front fenders are trimmed to the body line all the way down, no contact there with the tires on full flex. The rears are cut and folded. And it is a 4dr.

Pics *please*
This may be near what I am targeting for over winter on a 90
Thx

woody431 said:

wow. just curious, how did that start? did you not have any urge to lift higher than 2 inches??

woody431 said:
I agree -- some pics would be great. I'm curious to see how much you've trimmed and folded on the quarter panels compared to what I've done.

Thanks

i have a four door and i only had 2inchs of lift with 33's and now i have gone to 4.5inchs of lift you can run 33x10.50s on a 3"lift if you want just cut the rear to the pinch seam or farther

I have around 2.5" front and 2.75" rear lift running 33 TSLs.

Here are some pics:
wholejeep.jpg

side1.jpg

reardrivers.jpg

frontdrivers.jpg

I got 3.5" lift in the rear and 2" lift in the front running 32*9.50 tsl's...I have to run my front sway bar until I extend my bump stops or get longer coils but I locked up the 8.25 so the bar hasn't hurt me 2 much. No rubbage at all.

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

Last edited:
Beachmonkey6 said:
WHATS THE POINT!! You might as well just get a bigger lift.

just low COG :wierd:

Back