• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My luck sucks

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
About a month ago I got new tires and rims for the jeep, set of 33x12.5 mudders, almost a $1000 for 4, and for me thats a lot of money cause usually I dont buy brand new but anyway... yesterday I go out and Im about to get in the xj and I stop and notice my rear tire has a nice big slice in the knobs on the edge, it's not into the tire but damn near close.I'm standing there afraid to go over to the other side and look, but I go over and the other side has the exact same slice, not as deep but still there. I cant figure out what the hell I could've drove over... then it hits me. I cut my rear fenders but I didnt smooth down the bottom edge, I havent gone wheelin' since I cut them so I didnt really need to smooth it down but earlier that day I was at a friends house and flexed a bit and I'm pretty sure you know what happened.
Well now I gotta go spend another $450 on rear tires cause I dont want the tires blowing off on me when Im on the highway. I'm hoping to get a bit of deal cause I know the guy at the place I got the tires, But still, it just sucks.
Sorry but I had to vent.

My rears look like that, I just call it my own way of siping the tire.
But I really should work over the bump stops to prevent it..

1. Is the cut in the lugs? or did it go into the surface below the lugs?
2. :twak: if you didn't buy road hazard warranty for the tires.

Kejtar said:
1. Is the cut in the lugs? or did it go into the surface below the lugs?
2. :twak: if you didn't buy road hazard warranty for the tires.

Yeah its just the lugs but very close to the surface below...like reallly close.
Okie Terry said:
Probably be okay.
You bought the warranty, right?
Nope, Paid cash
and regret it now
but I can probably get 'em for around 300 for both

Chero-King said:
Yeah its just the lugs but very close to the surface below...like reallly close.

Nope, Paid cash
and regret it now
but I can probably get 'em for around 300 for both
At least you'll have two matching spares.

Okie Terry said:
At least you'll have two matching spares.

haha yeah I was actually planning on using the not so bad one as a spare to go on my roof.

Kejtar said:
Just the lugs? Than don't worry about it.
I know its not that bad, but If I bottom out hard its goin' right thru the tire, and the chances of it bottoming out hard are pretty good cause of my shitty rear leafs that I wont be replacing for another week and half.

Chero-King said:
I know its not that bad, but If I bottom out hard its goin' right thru the tire, and the chances of it bottoming out hard are pretty good cause of my shitty rear leafs that I wont be replacing for another week and half.
Well... how about fixing the actual problem cause from the sounds of when you put on new tires you'll have the same problem.

Did you smooth out the fenders? The sawzall and a BFH are your friends.... GOSH you guys post faster than I can read....lol :cheers:

Chero-King said:
You may want to consider installing or lowering your bumpstops so you keep your tires out of the fenders.

Les

Chero-King said:
haha yeah I was actually planning on using the not so bad one as a spare to go on my roof.

Well then, definitely don't change you're tire until you change your leafs and FOLD in the fender lip, unless you want a matching set.
Don't forget to fold the front fender too.

Okie Terry said:
Well then, definitely don't change you're tire until you change your leafs and FOLD in the fender lip, unless you want a matching set.
Don't forget to fold the front fender too.

Well I'll have a lot of time to do all that cause the xj's going to be off the road for a while for an engine switch.

Back