• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal Problem

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
found out that my Right Rear Turn signal isnt working, so i replaced the bulb and still didnt work, checked the fuses, and the fuses are fine, so i need some help. heres some pics, maybe this will help.
100_0099.jpg

100_0096.jpg

ok well the pictures obviously arent working, but all of my other lights work fine, its just that right rear turn signal, and a new bulb didnt work, so anyone that could maybe help me out, cuz i gotta get this thing inspected this week

Trailer Splices? i dont know much about electrical problems, might have to spell it out for me :). but its wierd cuz everything else on that rea side works, brake light, reverse light, parking lights, its just the turn signal

if that isnt the problem, do you have any idea on what else it could be? because it seems that blue clamp seems to be the only thing between the grounded wire and the turn signal.

Clean out the light socket as well - if there was a lot of that "anti-corrosion" yock in there, it can crap things up real good. I get rid of it as a matter of course - it's nasty, gets all over everything, and is of limited help.

You might need to clean the "strap" terminals at the bottom of the socket - I have found the Helix grey drafting erasers (you can get them as small cylinders used in electric erasers) to work well, since they're just slightly abrasive. Failing that, toothpase and an old brush works well - just make sure you rinse it all out.

I believe the grounds for the rear lighting can be found behind the trim on the left side of the cargo area - but don't hold me to it. It would not be a bad idea to disassemble that ground, sand the spot around it clear, sand the ring terminal clean, and reassemble. Coat with GB Ox-Gard when you've done that.

Given that this is apparently affecting only the one light, we can presume that this is a "local" problem - meaning somewhere after the front-to-back harness connection. I'd start with the light socket, and work slowly forward from there.

5-90

well like i said, i know nothing electrical about cars. i was told to check the trailer splice, that it can cut the wires sometimes, but as far as following the wire, i wouldnt know where to start, or what to look for, its funny that this happens the day before i go to get it inspected :) if my freakin pictures would stay up long enough, maybe it could help, but its like i post them and they work for like 30 min and then they become red x's

The connector I was asking you to check is in the picture, it's blue, just below the socket. The only blue square thing there. I looks like that socket has been replaced once already,there is a splice in the brown wire check it.

Last edited:
Back