• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Location for heat/AC vent intake?

BSD

NAXJA Forum User
The title syas it all. 89 XJ 4.0 Where is the intake when the setting is on vent or regular (as opposed to max) AC. I assume it hooks up to the fan somewhere but just wanting to figure out where. The fumes off some of the oil that drips on the manifold make my wife complaina bit when she rides with me. Yes, i know the obvious solution but at times she just has to ride with me! :)
BSD

your obvious solution is funnier than mine, but I think your wife would agree with me...repair the oil leak. The fresh air intake is the vent panel in front of the windshield, which is probably why you can smell it inside. I guess you could tape some air freshners to it but then you would have pine scented burnt oil.

Make sure the rear of you hood is seated well down on the gasket. The gaskets get old and get crushed. Replace it and your fumes should pretty much go away.

Back