• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeky poly bushings in springs...

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I know it's not really a problem but they groan, or whatever poly bushings do (hard to describe the noise). It's kind of annoying (although I think I can get used to it) so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done about it :D

Kejtar

All I can say is that I hate the noise the poly bushing generate. I have tried everything from vaseline to graphite. I even machined a groove and added a grease fitting. The real problem is when dust of any variety (including dried lube) gets in between the bushing and it seat the squeeks begin. I had the best luck with the machined groove.....still halfto remove it and clean it out every now and then......

Poly does it no matter what, if it really bothers you just replace them with the rubber ones...

I use some stuff for mountainbike suspensions called Englunds slick honey. been about 3 months and no sqeak from the spring eyes. I lubed the zerks on my shackles with regular car bearing grease and they start to squeak every three or four weeks.

Back