• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Error Code 206--Weird

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, well this afternoon I'm toodling along and the Idiot Light comes on, After getting home I pull out the scanner thinking that its probably a fluke, or the engine farted or something small. LOL.....But it gives one code 206 -Injector 6 Circuit Short or Low- Well seeing that I have had customers come in with the same code before I thought maybe a bad connection on the injector, or the injector was about to collapse, or occasionally a Pressure regulator throws that code. I checked the Connections, fine....I took the injector out, and traded it for a spare put some di-elec. grease in the connector but still the same prob. After scratching my head, I got out the meter and checked the voltage and it checked out ok..I checked the vacumn on the rail seemed fine. So, by this time I'm getting kind of aggrivated, so I took off the rail again all the injectors, bought the O-rings, cleaned the rail and injectors.... and put it all back together reset the computer and still got the same thing........

and by this time I am on my way to run it off a cliff, I decided to stop at the autozone to have another look, I got out again and like every idiot, just wiggled the injector like it would do something, and, bingo, the light went off. I tried wiggling the injector again to make it come back on and it didn't.I know its not shorted I checked with the meter. I've heard of bad gas causing the injector to stay open and giving that kind of code, what do you guys think?

Back