• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

o2 Sensor Wont come out

MudslinginXJ

NAXJA Forum User
As the title says, i cant get my o2 sensor out and i have a feeling that it is contributing to my jeep only getting 10mpg. It appears to be all rusted to the downpipe and looks like someone tried to get it out before and didn't have any luck either b/c it is some of the nut is rounded off. What can i do to get this out?

MudslinginXJ said:
As the title says, i cant get my o2 sensor out and i have a feeling that it is contributing to my jeep only getting 10mpg. It appears to be all rusted to the downpipe and looks like someone tried to get it out before and didn't have any luck either b/c it is some of the nut is rounded off. What can i do to get this out?

you can try and heat up the surrounding area, creating an expansion. And then try to remove it.

Thanks for the ideas. My neighbor said that whenever i was ready to commit, cut the wires so that i can get the box end of the wrench on. Hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to get it off

87manche said:
I might also recommend a big pair of vise grips if it's rounded off.

Or a pipe wrench.

Torch it till it's red. The threads don't stand much of a chance otherwise- although if they do get fried, you can always plug it and throw in an O2 bung from the exhaust shop.

Back