• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to do???

Craig96_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
first off, i gotta 96 XJ on a 3" full spring lift (netted around 4" after a few thousand miles) with trimmed fenders, currently running 31's... a buddy of mine calls up today saying hes getting new (bigger) tires for his YJ and he's willing to dump off his 33x10.50 BFGs to me for $300, but i gotta respond ASAP... i AM trimmed enough to fit 33's and i WAS planning a 33/4.56 deal in the summer... heres the problem- money isnt real abundant right now, but i COULD justify $300, so do i buy the 33's (~10k miles) and live with crappy gearing for 6 months or so, or do i wait and pay $650+ for them later??? i guess i could always try to sell my liberator 31's for cheap since thay only have 8k on them and have been rotated/balanced 2x already...

BTW... i have a 27 spline 8.25 with 3.55 and AW4, but hes been running these tires on a D35 with like gears, so i know strength wont be an issue right now (planned 29 spline/ford 9" next fall)

Craig96_XJ said:
(planned 29 spline/ford 9" next fall)

where are you going to get a 29 spline ford 9?

generaly they come with 28 splines or 31 splines though 35 and 40 spline custom parts are made..

Get 'em and live with the gears for a while,
Im running 33x12.5's with stock gearing on my DD and its honestly not that bad, its not the fastest thing on the road but its not horrible.

yea, i did mean 29 spline or a ford, sorry about the mix up- thing is, our f150 at IDOT is crapping out and they dont wanna throw the $$$ into a new plow system and everything in the front end, so itll be up at auction sometime this year and the rearend is in great shape... anyway, he just called me and said he'll dump them for $250!!! they've got 7k on em... my mind is made up- im gettin 33's next weekend... thanx for all your input, it's much appreciated

*also, anyone want a used (8k miles) set of liberator AT 31's?

How much? JIM.

Back