• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW Shifter

R

rangerjoe2001

I installed an AW shifter this past week and after getting it mounted and all i really love it! I got a chance to test it out at harlan this past weekend. I cant explain how nice it is to lock it into a gear and not have to worry about it shifting while you are in the middle of climbing something.

Probably my favorite thing about it is the compression braking. I always hated my evil knievel ride down hills, i hated it and it made me always bite a chunk outta the seat when going down big hills..

This product is really nice and i would tell anyone to buy it.. Ill post up some pics of where and how its mounted!

ditto!!! i got one and love it makes things much easier.

thanks brett

yeah i was very impressed.. it made my jeep a lot more fun

also on the highway i love being able to lock in the torque converter and switch gears when i want

Yeah, I probably use mine on the highway more than anything just to make sure it says in 4th and locked unless I tell it otherwise. Also down hills is a huge plus.

rangerjoe2001 said:
I installed an AW shifter this past week and after getting it mounted and all i really love it! I got a chance to test it out at harlan this past weekend. I cant explain how nice it is to lock it into a gear and not have to worry about it shifting while you are in the middle of climbing something.

Probably my favorite thing about it is the compression braking. I always hated my evil knievel ride down hills, i hated it and it made me always bite a chunk outta the seat when going down big hills..

This product is really nice and i would tell anyone to buy it.. Ill post up some pics of where and how its mounted!

Your sig says your Jeep is a 2000. Is that the Jeep you installed the AW Shifter in? Did it cause your check engine light to come on? Just curious...

where did everyone mount their shifter? I have one on order and am thinking about building a little box to put in front of the cupholder on the console. Since I have an MJ, it does not interfere with the e-brake. I know phil put his by the stock shifter, but I don't want to have to reach down to get it (lazy). What do you guys think?
Here is a picture of phils junk
my.php

Probably one of the best low buck mods for offroading you can do.

old_man said:
Probably one of the best low buck mods for offroading you can do.

yeah i agree.. i feel a lot more confident with my vehicle and more in control of things

im gonna take some pics of where i mounted mine tonight

heres how mine is mounted.. right in a comfortable place to shift while driving
jeep001.jpg

jeep002.jpg

good idea! Which shifter did you use, the manual or the manual-matic? Is this a plug and play deal, or do I have to deal with splicing wires and crap?

see those little red commector thingys? they are easy as pie to install,,, just make sure you follow the directions and it aint too hard..

oh and i have the auto/manual... ive only used the auto once since i have had it.. because i was eating and driving in town.

Sorry to drag this up to the top, I got my shifter yesterday and was wondering which wire you guys tapped in to for the shifter? Thanks.

davidt said:
Sorry to drag this up to the top, I got my shifter yesterday and was wondering which wire you guys tapped in to for the shifter? Thanks.

since you got the manual only, I assume you mean for a power source (not needed on the auto/manual version). I used an open location on the fusebox labeled IGN and ran a 5A inline fuse.

Brett, I'm Diego from Italy.
I don't know if you can't read your e-mails or what!!
It's two months that you received my money and then you disappeared.
Please let me know when you think you can ship me the shifter.
Thanks, Diego.

Back