• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which track bar?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
does anyone know if just a regular ajustable track bar will work with 6" of lift or will i have to get the heavy duty one and if i do get the heavy duty one do i have to get the new bracket the comes with it?

I know I was using REs 1600 TB and the only real problem I had with it was tightening the bolt on the TB mount. I eventually went to an HD set up with the drop bracket and it was well worth it to me. But yeah, you can use the 1600 with that lift.

Double-posting?? :laugh3:

If you go with the RE HD bar, you HAVE to use the HD bracket too. You can see the difference in the regular and HD bars on RE's website.

I have the RE stuff on my TJ and love it. When I need a adj front for my MJ I say a great price on the Skyjacker model, with a stabilizer, which I needed anyhow...

Stabilizer.jpg

Trackbar.jpg

Trackbarframeendlink.jpg

Skyjackertrackbar.jpg

I really like it, its WAY better than the Teraflex ADJ I took off!!!!

CW

Go with RE. I had Tereflex adj trac bar, and it always got loose.

With 6"es of lift, you need the RE HD trac bar with the HD drop bracket. You will also want to use a Stock ZJ pitman arm (I tried the Skyjacker extreme drop pitman arm, and that was too much, I had major bump steer), to keep the trac bar and drag link at the same angle. I ran with that set-up and it worked very well. I eventually added Curries steering set-up, and the XJ drove amazingly well for 6"+ lift and 35 inch tires(I eventually lifted up to about 7.5"es). Very tough steering set up that is bolt on. Spend the bucks and do it right the first time.

750971531205_0_ALB.jpg

Yes the tie-rod is bent, i got wedged between two rocks with a rock under water in front of the tie-rod. I had to winch out forward (no point to winch out in reverse). I put all the force on the Currie tie-rod, until the jeep lifted over it, and the winch pulled me out. That's all that the tie-rod bent. I was able to drive on that one for almost a year. I eventually bought a new Currie tie-rod and some new Currie TRE's. Currie is definately the best bolt on steering set-up on the market.

Last edited:
Yes I did go with the bracket. like others said, you have to. I had a regular 1600 TB but was not happy with the mounting. It puts alot of stress on the stock mount and is a pain in the a$$ to tighten. Like the Tera-Flex you can see how it needed to be shimmed. The RE HD with bracket bolting system runs front to back rather then vertical. Makes it alot easier to get on and off as well as tighten. Jsut my opnion but I would surely go with the RE HD set-up.

Back