• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Dynapak Hubs any good at $64.88?

Johnny V

NAXJA Forum User
I was just at Advanced Auto Parts pricing wheel hubs. There's a brand called Dynapak that the guy at the counter says is made by BCA.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=DPK&mfrpartnumber=WH513107

The price is enticing but really I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish. But could this item be the same as BCA's Hub Assembly at $134.88?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=BCA&mfrpartnumber=513107

Is BCA a good brand? What other brands should I buy?

Thanks!

John V.
'89 Laredo

Johnny V said:
I was just at Advanced Auto Parts pricing wheel hubs. There's a brand called Dynapak that the guy at the counter says is made by BCA.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=DPK&mfrpartnumber=WH513107

The price is enticing but really I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish. But could this item be the same as BCA's Hub Assembly at $134.88?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=BCA&mfrpartnumber=513107

Is BCA a good brand? What other brands should I buy?

Thanks!

John V.
'89 Laredo

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll go with the more expensive one just for my piece of mine. I'll check out NAPA too just to cover all my bases.

I used the dynapak hubs that I ordered off the net on my Isuzu (don't pound me to death, I'm still true to my jeep) Autozone didn't carry them but I ordered them off here cuz they were super cheap and to be honest they have not given me any problem, pretty good quality, and came with a decent warranty......

mgreen84 said:
I used the dynapak hubs that I ordered off the net on my Isuzu (don't pound me to death, I'm still true to my jeep) Autozone didn't carry them but I ordered them off here cuz they were super cheap and to be honest they have not given me any problem, pretty good quality, and came with a decent warranty......

X2 price is NO guarantee of value......they have the same warranty...why would anyone spend 2 times the money?

xjnation said:
X2 price is NO guarantee of value......they have the same warranty...why would anyone spend 2 times the money?

That's why I'm asking...is it worth spending twice as much?

I'm sure the Dynapaks will not fall apart but I would like to install a hub that will last a long while.

I wasn't implying anything......just giving you my experience. I have had no problems, and we drive the Isuzu everyday and sometime all day....take it camping on the weekends....(gas is a little to pricy for the thirsty xj)

Johnny V said:
Thanks guys! I'll go with the more expensive one just for my piece of mine.
And for your peace of mind too. :laugh3:

Johnny V said:
Thanks guys! I'll go with the more expensive one just for my piece of mine. I'll check out NAPA too just to cover all my bases.

Oh...man! Can't belived I used such poorer english adn bad seplling. I'm a gooder speeler in teh morin' after a few cup's of jawa.

I've had a dynapak front hub bearing assembly in my 1994 ZJ for the past 15k miles or about 8 months with no problems so far. Not play at all and no noises.

Not saying it's good or bad....just my experience to date.

I just put a set of NAPA bearings on about a month ago. They were right around the 130.00 mark. The box that they come in is marked SKF bearings and says they have a lifetime warranty. This was for a 98XJ...you might want to check about the 89

my 0.02 cents.
I dont want to spend loads of cash either if I can help it, but I have no problems spending a few more dollars for a good warranty AND if someone local is going to back it up. If you are comfortable with Advanced or Autozone and they stand behind their products, then I see no problems with supporting them. I've had and continue to have good things to say about my local NAPA, so I continue to go there.

Dave

I'd say you'll be safe with either, both have a warranty thats decent and come from a national parts chain. Could be worse...

be a real cheap ass....
Pull a good rusty set from the parts yard and ride on eggshells for the next 6 months....

mgreen84 said:
I'd say you'll be safe with either, both have a warranty thats decent and come from a national parts chain. Could be worse...

be a real cheap ass....
Pull a good rusty set from the parts yard and ride on eggshells for the next 6 months....

Ive never bought a new set aluways from a yard and never had to replace one more than once on any jeep Ive owned....remember the design on this thing can not come apart while you a e driving on it even a bearing failure will only make it wobble

yeah I'm aware of that, just never heard anyone using a used set. Running 75 - 80 miles per hour sucks if you loose a bearing, and yes I have had them go out that quick....sand, mud, and lots of water for 3 days makes a great bearing killer.

mgreen84 said:
yeah I'm aware of that, just never heard anyone using a used set. Running 75 - 80 miles per hour sucks if you loose a bearing, and yes I have had them go out that quick....sand, mud, and lots of water for 3 days makes a great bearing killer.

You would be the first.......... Ive only ever had them get a tiny bit loose

Johnny V said:
That's why I'm asking...is it worth spending twice as much?

I'm sure the Dynapaks will not fall apart but I would like to install a hub that will last a long while.
Impossible to predict.

I replaced the left hub on my '88 at around 130,000 miles. Somewhere around 210,000 I started hearing noises so I figured the other one had gone. WRONG. Replaced the left one for the second time. First time I used a Jeep part, second time I used Crown. The right hub is still the original at 253,000 miles.

Back