• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakota 8.25

PstrKd4BrthCntrll

NAXJA Forum User
I can get a Chysler 8.25 out of a early 90's SOA Dakota that has a LSD in it for free to swap out my D35. ABS light has been on for a while and I could care less about having ABS. I measured the insides of the springs on the Dakota and my Jeep and they were the same. Bolt pattern is the same, Measured the yokes with a dail caliper to see if they would take the same U-joints, and they should.

They only thing that is different that I see is that the shock mounts come off the back on both side and the stud is parallel[sp] to the axle. Opposed to being perpendictular like the other Chry & D35's. I'll just probably end up cutting the mounts off of my D35 and weld them to the Dakota 8.25.

A Chero in the shop swaped out his D35 with a 8.25 and kept the D35 driveshaft. On a twin post lift with all the wieght of the axle pulling down on the springs, there was only like 1inch before the yoke on the driveshaft hit the output house of the t/c[dont know if I worded that right.] So learning from his mistake, I'm gonna grab a driveshaft out of a Chero with a 8.25[3/4inch shorter i think] in it and swap that in with the Dakota axle. I dont know if I'll need it cause he had a 3" lift on his and I got 5.

Anyone know if the e-brake cables from my Chero's D35 will be interchangable with the Dakota 8.25? Anything else yall can think of???? I found a few thread on here, but not what I was looking for. Main reason I'm doing this is that I dont like cringing and hopeing I dont crap my D35 on the trails. I'm running 33's and I use momentom to get up and over stuff, rather than torque. Plus the LSD would be a nice thing to have.

Last edited:
Back