• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full traction LCA

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
What's the point of the bend if they put that plate there? If the tubing material is correct, that bend is unnecessary. In some instances you would want the additional brace, but not here IMO.

Full Traction is good stuff, but I don't like that arm.

JKS, RE, TnT

I think that LCA is made for Jeepspeed vehicles. I'm not positive, but fairly certain, that according to Jeepspeed rules it is required that the factory LCA brackets remain in place. Straight LCA's that are in their standard kit require you to cut the LCA off to avoid interference. This bend clears the factory LCA mount and enables Jeepspeeders to use their suspension system.

thats a short arm there captain. pointless to bend it then to take up the gain with a gusset.

once short arms droop a couple inches they hit metal just aft of the shockmount, this occured well before anything else inhibited flex when I used to have a 3" lift. the bent design will allow more droop before this happens, the gusset will not hit. RE does basically the same thing by welding the joint/bushing offset on one side (seen on the left side of this picture)
RE3715.jpg

regardless, it looks like it has poly bushings in both ends, so I don't like it.

Back