• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front driveline vibes? And a quick shock question...

Waterhammer

NAXJA Forum User
I've just finished installing a Rustys 4.5" lift which ended up going to 6.5" via rear shackels and then fr spacers and a mistake(sort of.) Next came the JB conversions kit (good stuff) and a TW double cardan ds (good stuff here too.) That cured the vibes in the rear but at certain speeds I get vibes from the front now. I haven't replaced upper control arms yet as this project wasn't suppose to get this far. The Rustys dropped trackbar kit is set up for my original 3" lift, not 6.5", and now the axle is relocated 1-2" to the left. I think I feel the vibes coming from under my feet while I drive. If I added a RE longer slip yoke on the fr DS would that help, if that is the case? Finally, what could happen if the shocks I have are not long enough for the lift I have? Think they'll blow out or just brake something else, I know I have to do something. I'd love to get some feedback here- am I on the right track or ruining my truck. Hopefully not the latter as it is my DD. So close to finishing yet so far from done...

1-adj uppers
2-adj trackbar
3-no such thing as a long front slip-yoke
4-adj your pinion/caster

Funny, my Rusty's 4.5 sat at 6.5 out of the box with no spacers or shackles. Amazing how much it varies.... anyway, definetly get a new adj trackbar and get an alignment at least. Might wanna look into the adj uppers if that dosent work.

Actually, mine may have been at 5.5 out of the box but when I had to replace the rear shackles the project really started. I didn't realize how much lift I was getting from the shackles. I thought I could replace the slip portion of the front DS but I guess not. Little things aside, I'm happy with the lift. Now I just need to go wheeling...

I actually had a big problem with my rear sitting about an inch higher than the front, so I tried some mortar mix bags to help the springs settle, but it didn't work as well as I hoped, so I'm getting ready to pull the bottom leaf out of the pack this weekend. Otherwise, its a nice kit and I'm happy overall. With the sway bar disconnected it flexes great.

On another note, I thought I was getting vibes from my front shaft too, so I pulled it and drove like that for a couple days, and it turns out it wasn't the problem. Alignments are your friend...

Last edited:
Back