• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i get leafspring centering bolts?

aduke

NAXJA Forum User
just as the title says. i went napa today an all they had were some 12" ones and the head at the bottom that sits in the perch was way to big. i could order them from a retailer but would have to wait.i looked at rusty's web sit and it a lot for shipping. has anyone tried grinding the head of a bolt round?

Try a place that sells trailer parts.

I get mine from Carquest...

standard 5/16" centering pins cost me about $3 for the pair

If you are adding a single leaf to a pack, you can use the allen head bolts used on VW axle shaft universal joints. They're the same on old 70's buses, Rabbits, Jettas, Golfs, etc. These are high grade allen or torx head bolts, just the right length, head size and thread. Foreign car places have them, and it's possible some hippie VW garage might have some old ones around.

Matthew Currie said:
If you are adding a single leaf to a pack, you can use the allen head bolts used on VW axle shaft universal joints. They're the same on old 70's buses, Rabbits, Jettas, Golfs, etc. These are high grade allen or torx head bolts, just the right length, head size and thread. Foreign car places have them, and it's possible some hippie VW garage might have some old ones around.
And they come with every VW inner cv joint boot kit I've ever gotten and I have a coffee can full of them!

Back