• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's this little white pad in the passenger footwell?

lilredwagn

NAXJA Forum User
No it doesn't have wings :D
No pics, though I can get some later if necessary.
It was under the carpet and under the rubber/foam thingie that's screwed to the backside of the firewall.
It's a semicircle of white textile, encased in a thin plastic membrane.
Only thing I can figure is maybe it's some sort of thermal material to keep heat out of the footwell ... though it seems that if it were hot enough for that, you wouldn't want to put it in a plastic baggie..

Anyone know for sure what this is? It's kinda wet, so I'm thinking just chuck it in the dumpster :D

i found the same thing under mine... im not sure what it is but i was assuming the same as u... i believe the plastic baggy was wrapped on it to keep out moisture so it wouldnt mold over. cuz mine had a rip in the bag and got wet... and its not 100% white now.

Yea i found mine too. Its to protect the carpet from the extreme heat of the cat, in the exaust. I know its a special material and mine was wet too, and smelled bad... but the insulation smelled worse. If your keeping your carpet i would keep the pad if your bed lining your floor and leaving the carpet out i would toss it.

Back