• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good place to get the Spicer 211229x?

stoneattic

NAXJA Forum User
So where's a good place to mail order the old Spicer 211229x? This is the flange to adapt a 1310 u-joint to the hack-n-tap flange.

Looking for cheapest of course. :)

thx

At Napa we no longer carry spicer but we have the equivalent in precision part#627 take the spicer number with you if you should be able tocross reference it.

Last edited:
We sell it for $55 as well check your local store

Precision is US made quality seems to be very good, we also have a import made line # 2600627 cheaper quality is not bad check on both.

You speaking of this part:
CntrAssyFY1.gif

Here's where I got mine, another option for you. These make the center cup of the CV servicable as they have a grease fitting, can't find that on some other brands: http://www.rockforddriveline.com/Shopping/R2-21-1229.asp

Bowhunter, good to meet a fellow napa counterman on naxja. I'm the manager of the store in martinsville, IN.

my store is showing 71.99 and 61.49 for that part. Also showing you can find them on:

80-82 Ford thunderbird.
82-87 Lincoln Continental
79-80 lincoln versailles
84-88 lincoln markvii
80-82 mercury couger

used, i am would imagine its pretty well worn, but it would make a good spare part.<--but then again, i have never looked at a hack and tap, so i am not sure how modified this part gets.

Gene MJ

Gene MJ said:
Bowhunter, good to meet a fellow napa counterman on naxja. I'm the manager of the store in martinsville, IN.

my store is showing 71.99 and 61.49 for that part. Also showing you can find them on:

80-82 Ford thunderbird.
82-87 Lincoln Continental
79-80 lincoln versailles
84-88 lincoln markvii
80-82 mercury couger

used, i am would imagine its pretty well worn, but it would make a good spare part.<--but then again, i have never looked at a hack and tap, so i am not sure how modified this part gets.

Gene MJ

Glad to see im not the only parts geek, LOL here been with NAPA for 7 years went from a pronto store to here great place.I need to apologize to stoneattic i checked my prices this afternoon and there as you say, been awhile since i checked into it, got to love the Parts Pro system for those listings.

bowhunter said:
Glad to see im not the only parts geek, LOL here been with NAPA for 7 years went from a pronto store to here great place.I need to apologize to stoneattic i checked my prices this afternoon and there as you say, been awhile since i checked into it, got to love the Parts Pro system for those listings.

No apologies needed. You were just trying to be helpful. I would have been happy to snag one cheap locally, oh well.

So Louisville Offroad's website's shopping cart doesn't work and when I call them all I get is a machine to leave a message. No one has called back. :(

I guess I may be trying Rockford or NAPA.

Rockford was real good to deal with over the phone, shipped the part right out.

My local drivetrain shop wanted the above part number, they didn't know a servicable CV flange was even available.

stoneattic said:
So Louisville Offroad's website's shopping cart doesn't work and when I call them all I get is a machine to leave a message. No one has called back. :(

I guess I may be trying Rockford or NAPA.
Yea what happened? Its MAY and I STILL can't get on the website or get a hold of anybody. Did they go out of business?

Has anyone had any problems with the Napa import?

I've done the hack and tap, 4* shims, with the front driveshaft and can not get rid of the vibes to save my life.

I've replaced the drive shaft, and double cardon joint with the one from the front of the Jeep, and the vibes are still there. The only thing I haven't replaced is the Napa knock off of the 211229X, and the hack and tap itself.

I had zero vibes with the t-case drop. I took it for a test drive after I did the hack and tap and the vibes start between 65-70 MPH :(

The only thing I can think of is the holes in the Napa part are drilled out too big for the hack and tap bolts. May be it's not lining up perfect????? :confused:

Sorry for the long post, but I've been trying to trouble shoot this for the past 5 months now.. :gonnablow

Back