• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case ?s

awr94903

NAXJA Forum User
A couple days ago I busted a u-joint (on the street), causing my driveshaft to bend and I chipped the yoke on my rear diff. I'm planning on driving around in 4 hi without the drive shaft for a bit, but I need to get the case to stop leaking fluid first. I've been driving around a little with the yoke still in, and it slides out a little bit, but I'm still leaking fluid. I pulled the yoke off again right after driving it, and covered the hole on the out put shaft with my finger and fluid was coming out around the shaft. I inspected the slip yoke and saw that I put several nicks on the slip yoke in my hurry to get it out on the side of the road. The are about an inch or two down the shaft. Are these just allowing the fluid out, or did I mess up the rear oil seal or possibly even the brass tailshaft bushing? How do I replace these? Has anyone done this before or know or a website with a good write-up, I've looked around a bit but haven't come up with much. Thanks.

Cut the bottom off a plastic Coke bottle (the small ones, not the 2-litre size) and use a hose clamp to secure it around the tail cone housing.

Back