• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

215/85/15 swamper tsl radials

Rawk Krawler00

NAXJA Forum User
will i have any rubbing issues running 215/85/15 swamper tsl radials on 15x7 rockcrawlers w/ 4.5" backspacing? (my XJ is stock) also has anyone run this setup or similar and have any pics? or just pics of somebody elses w/ a similar setup. thanks!

Rawk Krawler00 said:
215/85/15 swamper tsl radials

is that right? what is that, like a 28x8x15? i see no reason they would rub anywhere unless your stock springs were badly sagged. thats a VERY small step up from a stock tire. you could probably step up to 235/75/15s with no issues at all.

If they are true to height like most interco tires, than you should be alright. You might get a little rubbing on the outer most corners of the flares. That tire works out to a 29x8.4R15, very interestng size to run.

If you get anywhere near sand with those, yer heeps gonna spend a lotta time imitating a nesting sea turtle...the tread is extremely agressive for a tire that small.

i would get shackles/blocks and go to a 30x9.5 or a 235/75/15 but they dont make a swamper in that size. i am geting a 3.5 RE in january anyway, this is just for the time being, thanks for the info, and if anyone else has any pics it would be greatly appreciated

i figure as long as i have no rubbing issues they'll be fun to have til january when i get a 3.5 RE lift and some 31x10.50's on. i have a tendency to just go wheelin at any given time if i see a place i might be able to, so i figured why not try swampers on a stock XJ, they couldent be any worse than the bull ish tires i have now that came on the jeep. anyway, thanks for the help, i'll post a pic when i get them on seeing as i guess nobody has any.

Back