• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air chuck discos

buzzbombxj

NAXJA Forum User

i saw these a long time ago, and i ran across them again. is this idea viable? im not sure if it would be strong enough, but i figure it would be convenient to have if it is strong enough

My gut is in the same place...for holding air, they work great but are air chucks really up to the task of holding a solid axle in place? Would you want to be on that offramp when you found out? I'd rather not...cough up the bucks for some JKS Quicker Discos or legitimate hardware discos...

Are those pneumatic disconnects? How do they work? I've always wanted to design some automatic disconnects because I'm a lazy bastard.

no, just merely using a air hose coupler as a quick disconnect. seeing as how the ball bearings tend to wear out about once every month here at the shop on air tools i doubt they would hold up to being driven on.

Oh, I get it now. I thought that brake line was an air hose to power automatic disconnects. Hehehe.

thanks, it seemed to easy to be true

They wouldn't work. As mentioned, the bearings wear out fast and rust easily. They aren't designed to keep the body of a car upright, they aren't even designed to hold the weight of an air tool.

I'd like to see someone try and re-connect it after a trip. These won't engage unless you're pretty much dead-nuts lined up, and the sway bar discos designed for vehicles are hard enough to line up sometimes...

Back