• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power blasting

jeepinxj99

NAXJA Forum User
im putting my lift on this weekend. ive read threads saying they PB before putting it on, days in advance. Any recomendations of what to use or how to use? I'm new, be easy.

Don't be shy with it.
Spray it down good.
Spray everything.
Knock off all the mud/dirt before you spray.

Recommendations on what and how to use? Use PB Blaster. Like Haleyes said, use it liberally and often on all the bolts you think you will touch with a wrench. That's it - pretty simple and highly effective.

Before you start with the PB Blaster, you may want to run down to the coin operated car wash and get the undercarriage and mechanicals as clean as possible. Not only will it make things easier to see/work on, you'll have less funk falling into your eyes.

jeepinxj99 said:
im putting my lift on this weekend. ive read threads saying they PB before putting it on, days in advance. Any recomendations of what to use or how to use? I'm new, be easy.

The PB folks refer to is PB Blaster as opposed to actually Power Blasting (like spraying the jeep). PB Blaster is a penetrating oil, (Yellow can, most parts stores).
Pay particular attention to the front spring hanger bolts on the rear leafs. A real time consumer if you break off the frame welded nut inside the frame rail.
As said, soak all the bolts/nuts that will be removed several times.
Another high fail point is the upper shock bolts on the rear shocks. I've had higher than 80% of the ones Ive done snap.

Good Luck.

Back