• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cage builders ??

AZXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is it stronger to run a hoop from floor of drivers side B pillar to floor of pass side B pillar then run a halo with down tubes for the a pillars or run from floor of A pillar to floor of C-pillar with a down tube in the c-pillar location ?? Cage will be tied into 6x6 box with one end removed (1/4inch material) capped over the rocker panels and tied into the unibody with tube and 4x4 1/4 inch thick plates. click here

Open to suggestions to make this setup very safe... My kids will ride in this Juggy... The rear will be streached some so that 4 full size RCI's can be mounted in the tub attached to the cage. Rear suspension is going to be leafs spun around to extend wheel base some..

neither is magically stronger, and both are good when built right. some sactioning bodies do not allow a full halo with 4 down tubes at the A and B pillars, but they do allow both methods you described.

i hope you're planning on a traction bar with the leafs flipped, without one they will have massive axle wrap with such a long front side.

I personally feel that the A to C will be stronger for side impacts because the A pillar tube won't be welded to a halo, the spreader from drivers to pass side will be welded to the A to C pillar as well as a spreader from B to B with the B pillar being a down tube. Then an X from B intersection to floor plates over the Unirail. I will add plenty of triangulation within the cage, seat mounts and the suspension tie'ins to the cage. My concern is the side impacts from flopping and keeping the kids from getting hurt.. 5 point harnesses are a given as well as the seats tied into the cage !! Yes on the traction bar.

Unless you're talking about rolling at 80+ mph or hitting a wall, it really doesn't matter much. It would be stronger, like you said, if there aren't welds at the top of the A pillar. Much strength comes from the gusseting, and for a hard hit the real strength comes from the internal triangulation. Just be sure to keep the cage away from everyone's head if safety is what you're really after.

Back