• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Sounds?

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Does your suspension make a lot of noise? Usually when stoping and or going. The springs creaking and such?

I would have to say yes to this, but it doesn't bother me too much beings my Jeep is 20 yrs old and its a rattle trap.

oh well...I wouldn't have it any other way

The more you wheel the worse it will get.
You actually get use to the sounds it makes and then when a funny sound comes along, you know something is wrong.

I was driving in downtown traffic last week and my detroit decided to disengage under load. Very loud popping sound, the lady next to me gave me the dirtiest look. But I knew nothing was wrong, like I said, you get use to it.

0313 said:
The more you wheel the worse it will get.
You actually get use to the sounds it makes and then when a funny sound comes along, you know something is wrong.

I was driving in downtown traffic last week and my detroit decided to disengage under load. Very loud popping sound, the lady next to me gave me the dirtiest look. But I knew nothing was wrong, like I said, you get use to it.

HAHA, ok I'm not the only one. I just got rid of my 79 Bronco that I had a detroit in, and when that thing would disengage under load it made the loudest hardest pop something could make without blowing up. I definetly got the death stare a couple times because of it! lol

Back