• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home from the Flog

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Just got home a little bit ago...was great nice to see everyone again and can't wait till March...

Even though the 2.8 starting cutting out on me had a blast on the trails...Thanks to Dale for the tug and assitance on the few spots I got hung up...:wave:

it was nice meeting you kudzu , i wish i could had rode a few more trails with you guys . heard the group that went to lower2 had a hard time ? i wish i could have met a few more of your group . and got to check out your rigs .

and for the guy that was in the gray cherokee ...thanks for asking about what part i needed . i want to join up and really go for a ride with ya'lls group .

my weekend was a fun .

1st dropped a coil spring out about 100ft into trail 4 .
2nd broke a brake line going back over the rock that the coil fell out on .

had to goto madisonville to get a brake line . got it fixed got in with a group from SC. great guys !
met kudza again on the trail . said ya'll was heading back to crawfords . so i rode on with the group to guardrail .

guardrail .....well

3rd bent my rustys heavy duty trac-bar
4th dented in quarter panel , busted tailight
5th busted hole in sidewall of tire

well back to guardrail ...i made the first ledge . and it was too slick to go anymore , i was turning all 4 over like it was on ice . backed down and then i hit the bypass and got up .

it was a rough nite . but it was still fun !

btw , fixed everything on the trail and drove out under power and back to camp .

oh and yes ....on the way home

6th our pull truck blew a intake gasket and was burning oil and smoking badly .

we unloaded my jeep and drove it from athen, tn. to home (chatt.) (about 50miles) and lemped the f-250 back home . but we made it .

I'm home safe and sound. I had a blast and have a hangover. lower 2 wasn't that bad. Pat just cut a tire. and mushed a valve stem. but other than sheet metal that was all that went wrong.

It was nice to meet you guys(and gals). Had a good time....other than waiting forever at lower 2, damn XJ's.....only kidding. Had Minor carnage on the ledge above Slickrock(which I had little problem with), where I exploded a D/S front axle shaft. I am not sure of who it was, but thanks for the Save with the spare shaft.

Kudzu, no hanky panky(despite what you might think) in the Shower at Crawfords. My wife (Deb)says hello.

John

HEHE John...Nice to have met you guys too...Hope to met up on the trails again and tell Deb, Hello back..

I had a great time as usual... the only thing I missed was the rain. Dust is overrated.

My bit of minor carnage was a wobbly idler pulley, but no doubt some new shiny spots underneath I'll check out in the morning. Thanks to Gene & Pat for the local's tour of Murphy and the help grocery shopping :D I'll bet they'll put me in the stock trailer next time.

Made it home in (a record!) six hours - without speeding! Traffic was really light and moved along perfectly! The Jeep did fine... though my skivvies drew up pretty far :shocked: when I saw my furrow going off towards Uncle Bill's yard.

Thanks for the good friends and the good times and hope to see y'all next time!

Just got back too! Not really, just now got my wife off the pc is more like it.
John... no problem, I'll send you the bill shortly :laugh3: !!
The only carnage I got that I know about, was another dent in the front pass door. At least they all match now. I believe I'll name my jeep Ieleen until I can get it leveled out.
It was great meeting the "new" ones, and great seeing the "old" ones again. Thanks to everyone for the good food, the laughs, and tolerating all my vulgarities :wave: . Can't wait to do it again next time.... only better!
Dale

I am glad I met y'all. Thanks Woody for the great dinner Saturday, and WesternXJ's wife for dinner Firday.

Thanks to a-mechanic for letting me ride along. I had never seen serious rock crawling, it was an eye opener. I am going to get my XJ lifted, but probably not enough to do lower 2 :)

got home safely late last night, had a great time. thanks to all as usual. woody, we'll at least give you a chair and a cooler of beer if you're gonna ride in the stock trailer. :laugh3:

Pat

Big thanks to the Southeast Chapter for the Southern hospitality. Had a great time, even with my junk still sitting in Indiana.

Woody, thanks for the dinner, and the history lessons. I never knew that Lewis and Clarks wives were whores, and that Lewis and Clark where sent off to study the land as a mean joke so Jefferson could get with their wives.

And Woody, I'd say your a nice enough guy, the next time I take you to town, i might let you sit in the bed of the truck, the cattle trailer is a little harsh.

Gene

Made it home in record time. Then we moved Monday. :laugh3:
It was great seeing the familiar faces and meeting some new ones. Forrest, you're welcome any time. That's what this club is about.
Can't wait to get ours lifted.
Thanks again Woody for haulin' me around.
Andy, no more Bourbon for you.:nono:

Back