• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix stumbles, Don't know what it is

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
My 89 4.0 just blew out the 3 remaining original fuel injectors that it had, forcing me to replace them all or die a firey death. Meanwhile, it still doesn't want to start up very well. I turn the key, it cranks longer than it used to, about 5 times instead of 2 or 3, and then it stumbles for a second and starts right up. For about 30 seconds I can't really give it much throttle or else it'll stumble, but afterwards it runs like a champ. Imagine an old biplane starting up, the coughing puttering sound before the engine is up to speed, that's what it sounds like, but afterwards it idles and runs great.

The throttle body is clean, although I haven't checked, I cleaned it out well about 1,000 miles ago. It was also running a bit rich so I put on a new 02 Sensor. I also added new plugs/wires/cap/and rotor to help this.

Could it be my CPS on its way out?

Back