• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jet Modified Renix & Smog

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I'm a little curious if anybody here from California has ever smog tested a Renix ('87 - '90) XJ with a Jet modified computer for smog; wondering if it will pass.

The full list of engine mods will be the computer, HO throttle body, Borla, and Clifford 264 cam. Granted if I have issues with smog it's no big deal, I can put the Renix TB and OEM comptuer back in every two years.

Just curious...

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
I'm a little curious if anybody here from California has ever smog tested a Renix ('87 - '90) XJ with a Jet modified computer for smog; wondering if it will pass.

The full list of engine mods will be the computer, HO throttle body, Borla, and Clifford 264 cam. Granted if I have issues with smog it's no big deal, I can put the Renix TB and OEM comptuer back in every two years.

Just curious...

Sequoia

From what i recall your junk would not pass smog STOCK, let alone with the above stuff done to it. Drive it off a cliff and go buy a 97+ Jeep Neon, er i mean cherokee.

GSequoia said:
I'll have you know it passed smog just fine last time.

(I might have had to do some work to it first...)

Most shops give one or two fee re-tests, if i were you i would find one that does this and give it a shot...unless its gonna be a while before your next smog and you wanna know now...you could register it in another county that doesnt require annual or biannual smoggings. i know eureka, ca only requires one smog test when you buy/sell a vehicle....have relatives in eureka by chance?? :)

Back