• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Cooler Lines Check

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday i was working on the jeep and by mistake i felt the tranny cooler that i installed this past summer and it was cool. A while back when i would feel it it would be scorching hot even after a few min of driving. The only reason i would think it would be cool is that their may be a clog in the lines somewhere...I am paranoid and would like to check if the lines are flowing. I am guessing to do this i should disconnect one line at the tranny and see if it squirts fluid when the jeep is on ...Does this make sense ?

pete

Sounds like a plan. I'd think your tranny would be cooked if your cooler really did stop all the flow of your tranny fluid.

Well i am thinking its only partially clogged,,, which line should i disconnect from the auto trans - anbody know ?

Hey Theyer you have a BM cooler does it get hot when felt by hand ?

pete

The forward line on the transmission is the pressure line. Start there, and if it blows fluid make sure you refill it and try again farther downstream.

jeepsrock said:
Hey Theyer you have a BM cooler does it get hot when felt by hand ?

I've only felt it a few times, but it was warm, not hot. I could leave my finger on it for awhile and not get burned. I remember someone said their temp gauge foir their tranny read around 160*, which isn't too hot. I bet your LA stop-and-go traffic would make that a bit higher though.

Back