• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control poping noise~

LoneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
would you say the lower or upper control arms are more apt to make that annoying Popping noise when turning corners?

I've got the RE 3.5" lift with new lower's and I have them as tight as I can get em, but I am still getting a few different pops. one is from the track bar, but the other I am having a tough time figuring out.

L.R.

Our 94 sport, with 3 inch superlift kit has a poping noise too when you turn into parking spots etc. I have checked everything also and don't have a clue other than it did not happen before the lift. So you are not alone lone ranger. Its very frustrating. My only idea is mabie the track bar. Does yours have a stock bar?

Aftermarket track bars are notorious for that kind of crap. I tighten the heck out of mine and it's quiet for a couple weeks then comes back. I'm thinking of tack welding a couple spots around it just to see if the bolts loosening themselves is the root of the problem.

I have a aftermarket Track bar with a heim joint makes that same dam noise,
onyl way i can quiet it down is spray some sort of chain and gear lube on the heim quiet for about a month i replaced the heim thinking it was bad didnt help.

I get the same noise too, but I can't tell you anything since I'm trying to solve it myself. I have the HD RE tracbar and 5.5 RE lift so I'm not sure if its the tracbar or the control arms either. Does your front end make a rattle sound when you go over crappy bumpy roads?

I had the damdest time finding a poping noise it was the heavy duty track bar bracket..... tightend the bolts and it still did it. Broke out the welder and no more popping. Good luck.

Back