• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick! sye advice

AZ XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, I'm getting ready to order my sye in a few minutes, what should I go with? PORC, JB Conversions, or AA? I am kind of partial to the JB Conversions kit due to the very detailed info they have on their website, but I want to make sure I'm getting the right one. Please help!

The AA kit seems like a really stout piece, and offroadtoystore.com has it for $219 with free ground shipping, and Rustys has it for $234 shipped, however neither place has the speedometer gear that I need to get and PORC has their sye kit and the speedo gear too. I really want to get the best kit for the money. Is the AA kit worth the extra 46 or 60 bucks? I heard that the PORC kit is made in taiwain (or something like that) and the JB Conversions and the AA kit is american made. Are all three equal in strength and durability? Sorry for all the questions, I just dont wanna regret my decision.

I've installed many PORC kits, best bang for the buck. $169.95 shipped, and an easy install.

You may need to reuse stock lock rings as the ones PORC provides are sometimes too thick.

I just installed a Teraflex Supershort SYE the other day, that's a slick setup.

Well its just between PORC and AA now. I contacted JB Conversions and he's out of the standard length sye kits. So between these two, which is stronger?

Well, I went with the AA kit from offroadtoystore.com. $220 with free shipping. Was the cheapest I could find it. Thanks for your input guys.

Bounty Hunter said:
Cheapest you could find? Why not the PORC kit?

The cheapest I could find the AA kit. I decided against the PORC kit basically due to the fact that I just wasn't convinced it was better than the AA kit. Nothing against PORC or anything, I just couldn't find the info I was looking for, where all I've ever really heard about the AA kit is how well it works and how stout of a piece it is. After I bought my lift, I wished I would have saved a little more and bought a better kit, so I just wanted to get it right from the beginning.

Bounty Hunter said:
Have you considered they were at minimum equal and you could have saved over $50? Your money.

I have, I'll give it a good inspection when it gets here, if worst comes to worst I can always return it and buy the PORC kit. I wish I could have seen both kits in person before I made my decision though.

I have the PORC kit and it's been working fine.

If you talk to Alex at PORC, he will tell you that their kit is exactly identical to the AA kit. Which to me is implying that they are produced in the same factory. Whether or not this is true is a different story. :)

I dont know about the PORC kit but I have the AA kit on my jeep and love it. You wont regret going with the AA kit. The install went real easy also. I had never even changed t-case fluid myself before I did my SYE and it went without a hitch and didnt take too long to install

white99z said:
I dont know about the PORC kit but I have the AA kit on my jeep and love it. You wont regret going with the AA kit. The install went real easy also. I had never even changed t-case fluid myself before I did my SYE and it went without a hitch and didnt take too long to install

Thanks, reviews like yours are the main reason that I went with the kit. I've always heard good feedback about AA's stuff. Just waiting on the big brown truck now!

Back