• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washer bottle relocate question.

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
Going to trim the fenders more for clearance and I'm going to relocate the bottle inside the motor bay. Now I don't hae a problem with this lookes pretty easy. I've read all I can read about them, Yet something caught my eye the other day when looking at a buddies TJ.

Have you seen the size of the ones they use on TJ's vs. the XJ's? TO me it looks bigger could just be the shape of it. It looks bigger and the motor pumps on them look the same. I have an aircone filter setup so I have all kinds of room in there, and thinking of upgrading to a TJ bottle. Looks like a simple switch out. So has anyone done this? Not sure how much each one holds like I said it just looks bigger and would be nice to have more washer fluid than the what the XJ ones hold.

jdogg4 said:
Going to trim the fenders more for clearance and I'm going to relocate the bottle inside the motor bay. Now I don't hae a problem with this lookes pretty easy. I've read all I can read about them, Yet something caught my eye the other day when looking at a buddies TJ.

Have you seen the size of the ones they use on TJ's vs. the XJ's? TO me it looks bigger could just be the shape of it. It looks bigger and the motor pumps on them look the same. I have an aircone filter setup so I have all kinds of room in there, and thinking of upgrading to a TJ bottle. Looks like a simple switch out. So has anyone done this? Not sure how much each one holds like I said it just looks bigger and would be nice to have more washer fluid than the what the XJ ones hold.
You're not mentioning what year is your jeep, but I'm going to guess that since you're talking about trimming and washer bottle it has to be 97+ with the washer bottle inside the drivers front fender.
Not sure about the TJ one, but the relocation using an older XJ one is easy: I got a washer bottle from the boneyard for a few bucks. It was the old washer bottle which resided in front of the brake booster on an XJ (91 and down?). I bolted it in the same location (almost: the holes are still being placed in the fender and I had to move about 1/4" forward to account for a bigger brake hardware in newer models).

Do sorry my sig is gone. Yes it's a 2001xj.

The bottle in the fender thing was a lame idea so I want to get it up so I can get to trimming.

Why not get a bigger washer bottle for the jeep the 2001xj one I'm filling it all the time. IT's really thin and long. I thought It was leaking the way I was going through it. I sat there and watched it aswell as put paper under it for the night to see if it was dripping and I got nothing.

Might as well go bigger thats why I want to trim to get bigger tires under there. Running 4.5 and 32s and I have bent the heck out of them right now. Even got 2" BS on there right now. I Love the flex of the front suspention on XJ's.

I know we don't have any tjs close in greeley so I'll have to venture else were to find a used one.

Well I'm guessing that it's safe to say no one has done this yet, so I will give this a shot. If I can get the digi camera working fine I'll take all the pics I can and do a write up on it.

Back