• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15 mph

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2.8lt V6 it hasnt run for 2 months and i got it running and replaced plugs, wires, dist., fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter,fuel line, battery

previous owner "said he replaced"plugs(wrong ones) ,carb

i need help my xj wants to see mud

it will sorta creep up to 15 mph when pedals to the floor

Mothertrucker said:
i have a 2.8lt V6 it hasnt run for 2 months and i got it running and replaced plugs, wires, dist., fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter,fuel line, battery

previous owner "said he replaced"plugs(wrong ones) ,carb

i need help my xj wants to see mud

it will sorta creep up to 15 mph when pedals to the floor

sounds like you might have distrubutor problems...its not advancing correctly, I had one go out on the highway between Kingman and Lake Havasu City AZ....long trip at 20 mph floored! it was actually a 2.8 ford motor

When it creeps up to 15 MPH, is the engine running smoothly, running rough, coughing and spitting? What?

What transmission and what gear are you in?

Is it possible you have it in 4WD low range?

What is the rpm at 15mph ?

Mothertrucker said:
do u know how i can fix it im new to this.....

Replace the distributor...try a junk yard one first....they dont go out often but when they do It sounds just like what you are going through...check to see if the distrubutor is advancing

actually I think I have one sitting here in a box...Let me check in the morning....If so pay shipping and its yours. PM me if ya dont find one local.

Back