• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another cage.. What do you think?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well about to finalize a cage design for a Jeepspeed XJ adn was looking for a blessing from those here that may / should know more then I in this. I have done other rock rig cages in TJ's and CJ's but never a XJ. Of course to follow new regs, it will be built with 1.75x.120 DOM 1022.

There are a few tubes left out in this picture, like the rear upper shock mount and seat tubing, that is later.

Hope this picture links correctly.......

XJ_JS_cage-Layout1.jpg

what's with the horse shoe on the roof why not have those all connect in an x. also might want to think about putting a vert/diognal bar in on the halo right in the middle of the windshield. Think about is running some tube out to the front bumper to help stiffen the front end when airborn. Also think about how you are going to tie it into sheet metal this is just as important as the design of the cage itself.

bj-666 said:
what's with the horse shoe on the roof why not have those all connect in an x. also might want to think about putting a vert/diognal bar in on the halo right in the middle of the windshield

there are rules as to the degree in which they must be in relation to the intersecting tubes for score. and since jeepspeed runs in some score events you have to follow score rules, it sucks really. There also has to be a tube in the drivers ans pass door open area I think. Will see what the dia, and angles are when this much is done. As for the I thought about the low windshield to halo but only if I do a lower wind bar to floor also I think?

Thanks for the input

Are you going through the firewall in any fashion to tie into the front suspension?

That's my winter project, too much stress concentration forward of the A-pillar after building a really stiff cage in the back 2/3 of the vehicle.

CRASH said:
Are you going through the firewall in any fashion to tie into the front suspension?

That's my winter project, too much stress concentration forward of the A-pillar after building a really stiff cage in the back 2/3 of the vehicle.

Yes the plan is to finish the insice the cab area then go through the firewall and forward to a C-RoK front bumper reinforcment Only system with the stock bumper. That allows a very stout assembly to weld the front attachment's to. Not to mentionhelp the steering box area. There will be a removable flanged tube that goes above the engine side to side as well as one tube per side down to the upper shock mount stud.

Back