• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help ID the axle under this rig

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I think I've found a replacement axle for the one I fubar'ed but in typical paddling upstream fashion I need to figure a few things before I go pick it up.

The owner of the parts truck is not certain whether it is a non-disco or not. The parts vehicle is ~ 45 minutes away and he doesn't want to go there if the axle is not the one I want.

I think he said that it is a 1988 or 1989. It has a black stripe along the side of it along the bottom (Chief trim?)

He says the shifter plate for the transfer case has this pattern on it:

2WD

Hi LOCK

4WD

N

LO LOCK

It looks like a Select-Trac pattern to me but I've learned not to assume anything at this point. :)

Whaddya think? Donor is Select-Trac with non-disco axle? I'm looking for a non-disco HP D30, is this one worth the trip for my build?

Sounds like a non disco axle for sure, but if you would look at my shift pattern you would think I have a disco axle, but I don't.

The only way to tell for sure is to crawl under it and check. But 99% sure that it is a non disco axle

My Home www.pa-wheeling.com

I vote for non-disco D30. Since it is runing the 242, I don't think I have ever seen one with a disco axle. The Tcase isn't set up to switch the vacuum.

Back