• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear DS bind XJ/w 242 and 8 1/4

tchase

NAXJA Forum User
Noticed when we had the country on the hoist saturday night that the rear DS binds quite badly at the front joint at full droop. Is this common to the 242 and 8 1/4 combo or is there an issue somwhere. I check the shaft on the limited with 242 and d35 and it's got tonnes of clearance. Anyone ever encountered this and should I be worried about chucking the shaft?

tchase said:
Noticed when we had the country on the hoist saturday night that the rear DS binds quite badly at the front joint at full droop. Is this common to the 242 and 8 1/4 combo or is there an issue somwhere. I check the shaft on the limited with 242 and d35 and it's got tonnes of clearance. Anyone ever encountered this and should I be worried about chucking the shaft?
Sounds like dried out U-Joints.

tchase said:
No, I mean the ears of the driveshaft are binding against the ears of the yoke. The joint is fine. This is a bad thing, yes?
Have you had it off? If not the you don't know if the U-Joint are bad or not.
I really don't understand your question.

Back