• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet

Will You attend?

• Will be there... Camping

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Will be there.... will get a Hotel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure... will try to let you know soon

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • no, not interested

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Some of you know me.... from way back when, some do not.

I have been with NAXJA for a while, and held an office or two.

I propose a "Get Together" / "meet and Greet" on Lopez Island, in the San Juan Islands.

Looks like Aug 2nd and 3rd would be good. We have plenty of room for camping, as well as a couple hotels here for those not wanting to "rough it".

Mostly a get together... not any real Jeep-Offroad stuff on the Island, but a chance to get together, discuss the NAXJA Northwest Chapter formation, etc....

Will plan on a BBQ (bring your own beef...etc.... or buy here on Island... if a few people commit, I will do some Salmon... if we share cost) Likewise... supply your own beverages... beer, soda etc....

In otherwords...come on out, I will supply the place to camp. I will supply the BBQ and accessories... you supply anything you choose to drink or eat. :) We all supply the discussion and fun.

Of course... Spouses, significant others, and Children are welcome. Mine will be here. :)

A great time of year to get together.... discuss the vision for the chapter.... and see one of the most beautiful places in Washington State, if not the NorthWest.

Respond here if you intend to come out, or not.
Glenn

If I had a couple of vacation days burning holes in my pocket I'd consider heading out there and invading the island.

Are you going to Moab?

Hmmm, beer and brats?

Well, now ya KNOW I will be there. :) Might have to soak some Johnsonville brats in some Henry's for that trip. :D

I've never been up there before so that'll be a treat. Of course it'll be great to meet up with everyone and discuss our future. I'll probably be SO and kidless for that weekend, so I'll have a tent to myself. :D

I'll be looking forward to it!

I couldnt vote cause I am interested but cannot attend..
Well my daughter turns the big #3 that weekend so I will not be there but if any other weekend after that is good for me..

Tim

So are you having a big party at home or something? I didn't want my daughter to be bored...which is why she wouldn't be there. She'll be 2 in September so I'm sure they could keep each other occupied. :D

Who else has wee little ones?

Hea, my wife planned a big get together for the occasion. So it wouldnt be to smart to leave them home.;) But any other weekend is good for me, the next meet I'll be there.:D

Tim

I'd love to come, I even got the weekend off from work...but I'm running security and supplying power at Sultanpalooza, so I'm sorta commited to that.
If another meeting for the NAXJA NW comes up again though, I should be able to make it since I don't have anything else planned that far in adavance.

Chris O.

sorry to continue the theme...VERY interested, have prior commitments...The very interested isn't just talk either..I would be happy to help with starting the NW chapter in any way. If you need help with getting any of it together plz let me know

Judd

[email protected]

P.S. not implying that others aren't serious :D

Glenn, I plan on coming, but can't commit yet. Might come with my girlfriend. Maybe with her 2 year old too, but probably not.

Keep us posted, my GF and daughter (23 months then) coming along is pending whom else shows. Don't want my kid and GF bored, lol. We'll have to see if more folks are even going to come...

My kids will be here too. Boys, ages 5 and 6. Swingsets, trampoline, etc are ready. ;)

Note: We can either reschedule, since it looks like only a few of us will make it... or we can still go ahead with it, BBQ etc.... and have fun. You ll are welcome here though. :)
Glenn

Glenn - Thanks for the invite, but I will have to change my maybe to a no. Hopefully the next one will work out better for more people.

Ben

This is also the same weekend as Seafair. I don't have plans to go, and would rather come to this meet & greet, but maybe the following weekend would be better???

I would sure like to, but for a drive like I think I would head the other direction. :)

Crap, I was just looking on the members Roster to see how many people were in Idaho and realized I let my membership lapse.

I doing really well this month.

Later,
Lincoln

You all still planning on the 2nd of August? If you delay it another weekend or so I'll be there. Just thought I would check up on this cause no action on here for a few days..

Tim

I also would love to make it but I have prior engagement for the that weekend also. I also have 3 kids (6 girl, 4 girl, 6 months boy) would love to get to gether with you guys, families and all maybe it will work next time.

Can not wait!!

Michael

Back