• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission sensors

jeepinxj99

NAXJA Forum User
check engine light came on the other day so i took it down to advance auto and had them check the problem. Their computer said 1 of the 2 Transmission range circuit sensors are malfunctioning. Has anyone had this problem or know anything about it? Details? Expense? I appreciate it.

jeepinxj99 said:
check engine light came on the other day so i took it down to advance auto and had them check the problem. Their computer said 1 of the 2 Transmission range circuit sensors are malfunctioning. Has anyone had this problem or know anything about it? Details? Expense? I appreciate it.
Year?? Model??

It's also known as the PNP (park/neutral position) sensor.
EDIT: Here is what I came up with--
Disconnect TR sensor harness connector. Note terminal identification. Using a DVOM, check for continuity between specified terminals in relation to gearshift lever position. Replace TR sensor if continuity is not as specified.

Gearshift lever position (Continuity between terminals)
Park (b/c)
Reverse (a/e)
Neutral (b/c)
D (none)
3 (a/g)
1-2 (a/h)

Last edited:
Back